Help, my iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch does not switch on! I am sure many of us hope this may never happens to them, however if it does, I have laid out a few steps to follow to get your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch up and running in no time, provided it is not physically damaged or has been exposed to moisture.
Please note that if these steps do not help, you should visit your closest support centre.
- Check the bottom of your device at the 30-pin connector if there could be anything obstructions such as lint, fluff or just to see if the connector is in good condition.
- Plug your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch into your charger and leave it for about 15 minutes, ensure your power is on.
- If the above did not help, use a different compatible cable.
- Still no luck, try a different Apple compatible charger or plug into your computer USB port with your computer switched on. (If plugged into a computer and iTunes detects your device is connected, your device is on but has no display function)
- Last but not least, the old faithful soft reset, hold down the home button (front round button) and the power button (sleep/wake button) simultaneously unplugged from your computer for approximately 10 seconds and hopefully you should see an apple, if so success!
If the above procedure worked, tell your friends what to do when their iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch does not switch on! In the event the above does not work consult your nearest repair centre or book with www.theapplecentre.co.za for an assesment.